2016/12/05

Simeon: Forgive me if I don’t rise. Dawson: You’re my king. However low you sit, it’s my duty to...

Simeon: Forgive me if I don’t rise.

Dawson: You’re my king. However low you sit, it’s my duty to kneel deeper.

Simeon: You always have loved form.

Dawson: Form is what gives the world its shape. If you don’t hold to tradition, what is there? A thousand different people each with his own idea of justice, every man trying to force his ideas on the next? We’ve seen how that ends.

Simeon: You live in a frightening world, old friend, if the only thing between us and that is etiquette.

Dawson: Order has always been precious and fragile. By the time the small things have washed away, the large ones are too powerful to stop. Every man in his place. Those meant to lead, lead. Those meant to follow, follow. Civilization doesn’t fall into anarchy. That’s how it should be. And it’s the world you live in too, Your Majesty.

#DanielAbraham #TheKingsBlood #TheDaggerAndTheCoin book 2



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2h5ZAFf

No comments: